It is best to take care of your facial skin even if developing acne occurs naturally for a certain period. In this case, you have to make changes to your habits. Aside from that, it is better to create routines that can help you maintain a healthy glow in your facial skin. This post contains tips you can apply to your face to address acne. They may reduce or get rid of your acne in the long run.
- Facial Skincare for Your Acne
- Common Reasons Behind Acne Breakouts
Facial Skincare for Your Acne
Some people’s faces are sensitive. For this reason, acne forms quite fast. Even if you treat them, new breakouts continue to come out of your face. Given this point, it only means you have to change something in your daily habits. Below are some simple tips that you can try, which might work out for your acne:
Determine the cause of your acne breakouts
People can have various causes for their acne breakouts. Some can be from bacteria, clogged pores, oil, and inflammation. Given this point, it is best to find out the actual cause of the breakout and address it directly.
Do regular facial washing, especially after sweating
Sweat can cause facial pores to clog when it dries. For this reason, it is best to wash your face right after you sweat. Those with sensitive skin are prone to having acne. Allowing sweat to dry can make acne formation even worse.
Choose your facial products wisely
You have to select the best products for your face, especially those that will not cause acne. In this case, you have to know your skin type and the products that match it. It may take time before finding the products that don’t cause you breakouts.
Don’t eat foods that can trigger your acne
Some foods can cause acne, so you have to be careful with what you eat. Let’s take pancakes as examples of the food people often love to eat. In this case, some people may experience more breakouts due to some of its ingredients. However, you can try branded items like Shine pancake mix to reduce the risk of a breakout.
Do not dare touch, pick, and pop your acne
Doing any of these things worsens your acne only. Aside from that, it can also cause you dark scars in the end. For this reason, do not think that any of these can clear your acne breakouts.
Change your pillowcase regularly
One of the items that you should include in your laundry is your pillowcase. These items can keep dirt, oil, and bacteria from faces, hair, and the environment. In effect, your face can develop acne, so it’s best to replace them as well.
Receive acne treatment if you don’t see any improvement
Schedule an appointment with a trusted dermatologist. They can help you identify the reason behind your acne breakout. Aside from that, you can receive the proper treatment to address your acne and its cause.
Reduce your sources of stress
Stress is also one of the great triggers of acne. For this reason, you have to find ways to relax and lessen your stressors. You have to consider stressing less.
These tips are easy to do, so you better start doing them already. You can still work out your acne, so do not stress too much about it. Instead, do something that can help you reduce or get rid of it completely. In effect, you can achieve healthy and glowing facial skin once again.
Common Reasons Behind Acne Breakouts
As mentioned earlier, people vary in their causes of acne. In this case, you will find out about the four main factors of why acne keeps appearing on your face, forehead, chest, back, and shoulders. Below are the four common causes:
- Excess oil (sebum) production. The face has oils, too, and its composition varies with age. Too much sebum leads to an oily face, clogged pores, and acne. Meanwhile, the main cause of sebum overproduction is hormonal imbalance.
- Oil clogging and dead skin cells. You are also prone to whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples if your facial hair follicles experience clogging due to oil and dead skin cells. These clogged pores can reduce the amount of oil your face needs to seal in moisture.
- Bacteria. Propionibacterium acnes is the bacteria you can find on the skin. It is one of the reasons why pimples become infected. Aside from that, the strain of the bacteria can determine how severe and frequent you can develop acne.
- Inflammation. It often happens when the bacteria infect clogged pores. In effect, it results in swelling and redness. Aside from that, it can also lead to discomfort.
As you can see, reasons differ, making the treatment vary. With this, consider these things when taking care of your skin and acne.